The Beat Boxer
*s&h applies to dvd orders only
The Beat Boxer is a combination deep, multi-sampled percussion and solo vocal performance library. It captures the raw, urban human drum machine that is a beatboxer through a combination of multi-sampled round robin articulations and a variety of authentic performance loops. From kick drums to snares, robots to turntables and beyond, The Beat Boxer provides a fresh, organic and extremely playable instrument suitable for all composers. This hybrid multisample/groove library transforms the creative vocal art of up-and-coming East Bay beatboxer “JBox” (Jerry Girard) into a flexible and detailed virtual instrument.
The Beat Boxer was recorded in a close, totally dry studio environment with both dynamic and condenser microphones to capture every subtle nuance of the performance. We then carefully prepared and edited each sample and hand-programmed each element into an unrivaled performance interface that delivers both efficiency and control. We’ve also included our comprehensive FX Rack panel, with multi-effects, compression, EQ, amp/speaker simulation and convolution reverb, featuring dozens of our most popular custom recorded rooms, halls, cathedrals and otherworldly fx impulses easily available right through the interface. The Beat Boxer brings together superior programming and quality to transform a highly-nuanced and specialized instrument into an unprecedented and truly unmatched percussive/vocal library.
The Beat Boxer features 100+ articulations and 11 instrument types, each with an average 12x round robin variations to bring you the total beatboxing package. Every articulation was recorded with 2 different microphones (condenser and dynamic), each with fully independent volume, panning and routing controls through our advanced custom user interface. Our powerful Midi Loop playback engine allows you to load up an existing midi groove and customize the quantization, swing and velocity attenuation on-the-fly. The main “Ensemble All” preset also features full remapping capability, user map saving/loading and ships with standard presets for popular midi drum programs.
Our powerful custom user interface gives you full control over the performance; users can control volume, attack softness/hardness, release time, sample start offset, velocity attenuation and humanization. Our Uberpeggiator arpeggiation system allows users to quickly create grooves and gives full control over a wide range of parameters as well has user preset saving and loading. Our Megamixer is a powerful drumkit creator with user kit saving and loading; it features 12 different articulation slots, each with independent volume, attack, offset, attenuation, pitch, tuning and key range. All samples in the Megamixer are intelligently managed via script to save on memory footprint.
Also included in The Beat Boxer are a selection of authentic performance loops and augmented glitch loops. Like the multi-sample content, the loops feature 2 completely independent microphone positions each with full volume, panning and routing control. All performance loops feature full time-stretching and tempo-syncing capabilities selectable from within the UI. The loops also feature our powerful Phrase Sequencer which allows for up to 32 slots, each with independent start, end and pitch controls. Finally, we took the source material and contorted it into a broad selection of ambiences, drones, atmospheres, rhythms, leads and special FX instruments.
NKI Program Presets
- This library is designed for the full retail version of Kontakt 5.1 or later.
- The free Kontakt Player doesn’t support this open-format Kontakt library.
- The special Libraries tab doesn’t support this open-format Kontakt library.
- This library includes fully accessible unlocked wav sample directories to allow optional user modification, customized mapping and reprogramming to other formats and audio environments.
- 2 mic positions (dynamic & condenser) w/independent volume, panning and routing
- 100+ multi-sampled articulation types across 11 “drum” types
- An average of 12x round robins each
- Midi Groove playback system featuring quantization, swing and velocity attenuation
- Midi remapping system with user map saving and loading
- Uberpeggiator arpeggiation system for quick groove creation.
- Megamixer 12-slot drumkit creator with user kit saving and loading
- Midi remapping system with user map saving and loading
- Special SFX preset type with extra single-shot hits from all articulations.
- 100 authentic live performance loops
- 108 augmented glitch, breakcore and fx loops
- Loop presets allow pitch transposition, pattern sequencing, x-blending, tempo-synching/time-stretching, offset/release shaping and more.
- Phrase sequencer allows for per-slot phrase start and end markers for unlimited flexibility.
- Convenient real-time visual wave-form display in every Loop preset.
- 104 Midi Grooves by Sashca Knorr, Si Begg, Dirk Ehlert, Brad Jerkins and Sean Gordon.
- Tons of bonus vocal Ambiences, Atmospheres, Tuned Pads and other custom melodic instruments.
- Swell, Attack, Release, Offset, Attenuation and Humanization controls allow for real-time dynamic performance shaping.
- Full Multi-FX rack panel with Chorus, Compression, Distortion, Amp and Cab simulation, EQ, Delay and Reverb
- Our Reverb rack unit includes 25 unique creative FX convolutions and 45 excellent live rooms, studios, chambers, cathedrals, halls and other real-world environments, with flexible tone, size and mix controls.
- Fully automatable, with customizable key switch and GUI controls.
1.25 GB Installed
24 nki Kontakt 5.1+ instrument presets
24 bit / 48kHz mono PCM wav format
Open format to allow user customization
Format(s): Kontakt 5.1+ .nki and pcm .wav
PDF User Manual:
Digital – Unlimited Digital Download using our high-speed download utility or through your web browser, with multiple server options.
Physical – DVD Delivery + shipping & handling. Delivered by First Class or Priority Shipping, plus Unlimited Digital Download. + 8.75% Sales Tax added for California residents. Sales, VAT and customs charges not included for international customers. Please allow up to 10 business days for first class shipping. 3-7 Business Days for Priority Shipping. Click here for more details about our shipping and tax/VAT policies.
Important Note: The full retail version of Native Instruments Kontakt version 5.1.0 or higher is required to use .nki instrument program presets included in this library. The free Kontakt “Player” and special “Libraries” browser rack do not support this standard open-format Kontakt library.
System Requirements: Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 8. Intelmac and Mac OS 10.5 or higher.
Minimum system Requirements: Dual Core CPU, 2 GB System Ram, 7200 RPM SATA or SSD hard drive recommended for this library.