Olympus Micro Choir
Olympus Micro is the official Demo Pack for our mighty Olympus Symphonic Choral Collection and a lightweight user-friendly simple choral instrument for musicians who just need the basics, with a classic set of great-sounding Ah and Oo vowel sustains, a pair of tempo-synchable Latin and Russian chants and single staccatos for men and women divisi sections with adjustable ranges and performance controls. It also features a set of 5 unique atmospheric instrument presets, an integrated selection of hall and fx reverb impulses, parametric EQ and a newly upgraded simulated polyphonic legato system. It’s a powerful introduction to the controls and concepts behind our full-sized professional choral libraries and at the same time, it represents a supreme value as a self-contained choral instrument on its own. It’s now available for the full version of Native Instruments Kontakt and the universal SFZ format, compatible with the powerful free Sforzando player by Plogue.
Featuring content from our Olympus Symphonic Choir Collection, Olympus Micro was recorded in a large, natural hall with 63 hand-picked singers from SF Choral Society, Volti and SF Symphony Chorus, conducted by maestro Robert Geary. The massive Olympus Choral Collection was designed for professionals in mind, with over 44 GB of content and hundreds of articulations to provide a total scoring solution ideal for any professional composer. We know how daunting such a huge collection can be and the significant investment it represents, so we designed this Micro pack as a fully functional and playable kit to offer just a taste of the enormous possibilities that Olympus offers. This compact 208MB choir instrument contains 140 samples and yet it’s just a tiny slice of the wealth of premium sample and programming content you’ll find in the full Olympus Collection. It can also simply serve as an great-sounding basic choir pad set for anybody that just needs a basic choir with a world-class sound. Whether you’re curious about our Olympus Symphonic Choir, or you’re new to virtual choirs, Olympus Micro is the perfect low cost and easy way to begin your journey.
Note: All customers who order the latest version of Olympus Micro can receive a $20 discount on an upgrade to the full version of Olympus Symphonic Choral Collection! And existing owners of the full Olympus Symphonic Collection can request a free copy of Olympus Micro. Just contact us directly to upgrade.
Despite it’s humble size and scope, this little starter pack is surprisingly powerful. You still have real-time control over dynamic intensity, playback start position, room decay time and volume and more. With our full automation support, you can create entirely new phonetic combinations and syllable sequences. That means you can get as creative and complex with your arrangements as you like.
For Kontakt owners, we’ve included powerful performance features like dual layer blending, simulated legato, convolution reverb and fx and other advanced performance shaping features in a streamlined graphical user interface. The simulated legato system is designed to be fluid for the sustains and automatically phrase-synchronous for the Latin and Russian chanting sustains, so you can play melodies as the choir progresses naturally through the rhythmic multi-syllabic words, even when anipulating playback start timing. Kontakt 5 users can also use the automatic tempo-synching features for the chants to synchronize with their project BPM.
- This nki presets in this library are designed for the full retail version of Kontakt 4.2.4 or later.
- Kontakt 5.0.3 and later required for all tempo-synching and other Kontakt 5 specific presets and features.
- The free Kontakt Player doesn’t support this open-format Kontakt library.
- The special Libraries tab doesn’t support this open-format Kontakt library.
While the interface and controls are simplified, you’ll find most of the same core features that are included in the Kontakt presets. Click Here and skip to page 11 for more sfz feature info in the Olympus Micro user guide.
- 100BPM Latin “Dominum” and 140BPM Russian “Raduisya” chromatic Poly-sustain chants w/ release syllables
- Ah and Oo vowel sustains w/ releases
- Ah, Oo & Oom vowel staccatos
- Real-time articulation switching through the GUI and independent section keyswitches
- Independent swell, attack, offset, pan, release time and release volume controls for each section, with automation support.
- Ensemble, Staccato & Divisi presets
- Vibrato control
- Full Men’s and Women’s divisi sections, with editable key ranges
- 100BPM Latin “Dominum” chromatic Poly-sustain chants w/ release syllable
- 140BPM Russian “Raduisya” chromatic Poly-sustain chants w/ release syllable
- “Oo” pp vowel sustains w/ releases
- “Ah” ff vowel sustains w/ releases
- “Oo” and “Ah” staccatos
- Use the Offset, Attack & Release controls to shape your own syllables, sustains and phrases
- Automatic polysustain host tempo-synching for Kontakt 5 presets.
- Swell control allows real-time dynamic performance shaping.
- Independent Release timing and Release Volume controls, to control room decay
- Simulated divisi & dual-layer polyphonic legato with customizable controls
- Independent Pan controls for each divisi section
- Bonus Special FX presets for creating atmospheric pads and soundscapes.
- Per-section and per-layer polyphonic legato with adjustable speed, interval-range and gliss intensity
- 10 Special FX impulses integrated into the interface to create your own effects
- 10 Natural Environmental Reverb Impulses, including Halls, Cathedrals, Churches, Studios, Bundkers, Garages and more.
- 3-band parametric EQ with sweepable mid
- Master Full Ensemble Preset with independent controls for men’s and women’s sections
- Divisi Men’s and Divisi Women’s Section presets, with dual layer blending, crossfading and phrase morphing
- 5 Bonus Atmospheric FX presets
- Upgrade path to the Olympus Symphonic Choral Collection
207 MB Installed
5 sfz instrument presets
12 Kontakt 4 nki instrument presets
12 Kontakt 5 nki instrument presets
24 bit / 48kHz stereo PCM wav format
Open format to allow user customization
Format(s): Kontakt 4 & 5 .nki, .SFZ and stereo wav
PDF User Manual:
Digital – Unlimited Digital Download using our high-speed download utility or through your web browser, with multiple server options. Only $19.99 USD.
Important Note: The full retail version of Native Instruments Kontakt version 4.2.4 or 5.0.3 is required to use all .nki instrument program presets included in this library. Kontakt 5 required for tempo-synching and some other features. The free Kontakt “Player” and special “Libraries” tab do not support this standard open-format library. Click Here to order Kontakt from Native Instruments.
System Requirements: Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 8. Mac OSX 10.5 or higher.
Minimum system Requirements: Dual Core CPU, 1 GB System Ram, 7200RPM or SSD hard drive with 500MB free space recommended to use this library.