Voice of Rapture: The Soprano
*s&h applies to dvd orders only
Voice of Rapture: The Soprano represents a new benchmark in solo vocal sampling for classical operatic voices. Recorded with Soprano virtuoso Nichole Dechaine, this powerful 3.5 GB collection of fully playable chromatic content and emotionally charged melodic phrases gives you more creative freedom, expressive power and work-flow flexibility than any other solo soprano vocal instrument library in the world.
We recorded in a close, totally dry studio environment with exceptional microphones and preamps to capture every subtle nuance. We then carefully prepared and edited each sample and hand-programmed each element into an unrivaled performance interface that delivers both efficiency and control. We’ve also included our comprehensive FX Rack panel, with multi-effects, compression, EQ, amp/speaker simulation and convolution reverb, featuring dozens of our most popular custom recorded rooms, halls, cathedrals and otherworldly fx impulses easily available right through the interface. The Soprano brings together superior programming, performance, quality and living, breathing soul into an unprecedented and truly unmatched professional operatic solo vocal solution.
Nichole Dechaine received her Bachelor of Music degree from the University of Redlands and her Master of Music and Doctor of Musical Arts degrees in vocal performance from the University of California, Santa Barbara. She has performed a variety of leading roles in opera and musical theater productions, and regularly appears as soloist with numerous choirs, orchestras, and ensembles in the US and abroad. She enjoys working with many composers performing their works and recording for film. In addition to performing Dr. Dechaine teaches private voice and music courses at Westmont College and Santa Barbara City College and maintains an active private voice studio.
Voice of Rapture: The Soprano features amazing True Legato sustains for Ah and Oo vowels using the long-form method for unparalleled quality and realism, with infinite sustain, natural release, 3-voice polyphonic support and plenty of fine-tuning parameters. In addition to the True Legato sustains, the library includes standard dynamic Ah, Eh, Mm and Oh pure vowel sustains, with or without vibrato. You’ll also find nearly two-dozen fully shapable staccato syllables and sustaining chromatic chants, each with synchronized legato, EZ syllable/word switching. All of this chromatic content spans a playable key range of over 2 octaves, with total performance controls.
Included in the library are improvised melodic phrases at 100 bpm, with collections rooted in the keys of A, B, C, D, E, F and G (with both major and minor variants). We also recorded similar collections of melodic phrases based on the traditional Angelic Salutation (“Hail Mary”) in Latin, as well as sections of a classic French poem from the mid 1800s by René-François Sully-Prudhomme, also spanning a full set of root keys, as well as an eclectic collection of cheerful and haunting whistling phrases. And of course there are plenty of vocal effects, such as whispers, laughing, coughing, breathing, sweeps, swells and more. Finally, we took the source material and contorted it into a broad selection of ambiences, drones, atmospheres, pads, leads and special FX instruments.
NKI Program Presets
- This library is designed for the full retail version of Kontakt 4.2.4 or later.
- The full retail version of Kontakt 5.1.0 and later is required for all “K5″ presets.
- The free Kontakt Player doesn’t support this open-format Kontakt library.
- The special Libraries tab doesn’t support this open-format Kontakt library.
- This library includes fully accessible unlocked wav sample directories to allow optional user modification, customized mapping and reprogramming to other formats and audio environments.
- Ah (f, w/vibrato) and Oo (p, no vibrato) natural true legato vowels with infinite sustain
- 23 Staccatos
- Ah, Eh, Mm, Oh and Oo vowel sustains non-vibrato (piano)
- Ah, Eh, Mm and Oh vowel sustains w/vibrato (forte)
- 12 full range Latin Polysustain chants w/releases & tempo-synching/time-stretching
- French, Latin and pure Vowel melodic phrases in the keys of A – G, with pitch transposition, instant pattern sequencing, legato blending, tempo-synching/time-stretching, shaping and more.
- Whistling melodic phrases with pitch transposition, instant pattern sequencing, legato blending, tempo-synching/time-stretching, shaping and more.
- Whispers, Breaths, Warm-ups and other vocal effects.
- Tons of bonus vocal Ambiences, Atmospheres, Tuned Pads and other custom melodic instruments crafted directly from Nichole’s voice.
- Swell control allows real-time dynamic performance shaping.
- Full Multi-FX rack panel with Chorus, Compression, Distortion, Amp and Cab simulation, EQ, Delay and Reverb
- Our Reverb rack unit includes 25 unique creative FX convolutions and 45 excellent live rooms, studios, chambers, cathedrals, halls and other real-world environments, with flexible tone, size and mix controls.
- Fully automatable, with customizable key switch and GUI controls.
- Convenient real-time visual wave-form display in every preset.
3.46 GB Installed
81 nki Kontakt instrument presets (35 K4 / 46 K5)
24 bit / 48kHz stereo PCM wav format
Open format to allow user customization
Format(s): Kontakt 4 & 5 .nki and pcm .wav
Watermarked for each licensed user by the Continuata Watermarking System.
PDF User Manual:
Digital – Unlimited Digital Download using our high-speed download utility or through your web browser, with multiple server options.
Physical – DVD Delivery + shipping & handling. Delivered by First Class or Priority Shipping, plus Unlimited Digital Download. + 8.75% Sales Tax added for California residents. Sales, VAT and customs charges not included for international customers. Please allow up to 10 business days for first class shipping. 3-7 Business Days for Priority Shipping. Click here for more details about our shipping and tax/VAT policies.
Important Note: The full retail version of Native Instruments Kontakt version 4.2.4 or 5.1.0 is required to use .nki instrument program presets included in this library. Kontakt 5 required for all time-stretching and save/load features. The free Kontakt “Player” and special “Libraries” browser rack do not support this standard open-format Kontakt library.
System Requirements: Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 8. Intelmac and Mac OS 10.5 or higher.
Minimum system Requirements: Dual Core CPU, 2 GB System Ram, 7200 RPM SATA or SSD hard drive recommended for this library.