Voice of Rapture: The Tenor
*s&h applies to dvd orders only
Voice of Rapture: The Tenor, the next in our series of pristine solo vocal sampling libraries, is designed as a companion to our Voice of Rapture: The Soprano library. Recorded with Tenor virtuoso Brian Thorsett, the library captures the classic, powerful operatic Tenor sound through a wide range of playable chromatic content and emotionally charged melodic phrases. From a belting, bombastic fortissimo sound to a gentle and soft pianissimo, The Tenor provides the creative freedom, power and flexibility making it the best solo Tenor vocal library in the world.
We recorded Brian in a close, totally dry studio environment with both cardioid and condenser microphones and pristine preamps to capture every subtle nuance. We then carefully prepared and edited each sample and hand-programmed each element into an unrivaled performance interface that delivers both efficiency and control. We’ve also included our comprehensive FX Rack panel, with multi-effects, compression, EQ, amp/speaker simulation and convolution reverb, featuring dozens of our most popular custom recorded rooms, halls, cathedrals and otherworldly fx impulses easily available right through the interface. The Tenor brings together superior programming, performance, quality and living, breathing soul into an unprecedented and truly unmatched professional operatic solo vocal solution.
Brian Thorsett has been seen and heard in over 90 diverse operatic roles. His 2012-3 highlights include the title character in Rameau’s Pygmalion, Nemorino in L’Elisir d’Amore and Jupiter in Semele. As a concert singer, Brian retains a stylistically diversified repertoire of over 200 works, which has taken him to concert halls across the US and Europe. He is a graduate of San Francisco Opera’s Merola Program, Glimmerglass Opera’s Young American Artist program, American Bach Soloists Academy, the Britten-Pears Young Artist Programme at Aldeburgh, England and Music Academy of the West. When not singing, Brian is on faculty at Santa Clara University where he teaches Beginning Voice.
Voice of Rapture: The Tenor features amazing True Legato sustains for Ah (p), Ah (F) and Oo (p) vowels using the long-form method for unparalleled quality and realism, with infinite/natural sustains, natural release, 3-voice polyphonic support and plenty of fine-tuning parameters. In addition to the True Legato sustains, the library includes standard dynamic Ah, Ee, Eh, Mm, Oh and Oo pure vowel sustains, with or without vibrato. You’ll also find 25 fully shapable staccato syllables and a dozen sustaining chromatic chants, each with synchronized legato, EZ syllable/word switching. All of this chromatic content spans a playable key range of over 2 octaves, with total performance controls.
Included in the library are improvised melodic phrases at 80 & 100 bpm, with collections rooted in the keys of A#, C, D, E, F#, and G# (with both major and minor variants). We also recorded similar collections of melodic phrases based on the traditional Angelic Salutation (“Hail Mary”) in Latin, as well as sections of a classic French poem from the mid 1800s by René-François Sully-Prudhomme, also spanning a full set of root keys, as well as an eclectic collection of humming phrases. And of course there are plenty of vocal effects, such as whispers, laughing, coughing, breathing, sweeps, swells and more. Finally, we took the source material and contorted it into a broad selection of ambiences, drones, atmospheres, pads, leads and special FX instruments.
NKI Program Presets
- This library is designed for the full retail version of Kontakt 5.1 or later.
- The free Kontakt Player doesn’t support this open-format Kontakt library.
- The special Libraries tab doesn’t support this open-format Kontakt library.
- This library includes fully accessible unlocked wav sample directories to allow optional user modification, customized mapping and reprogramming to other formats and audio environments.
- 2 mic positions (cardioid & condenser) w/independent volume and panning
- Ah (f, w/vibrato), Ah (p) and Oo (p, no vibrato) natural true legato vowels with infinite sustain
- 25 Staccatos
- Ah, Ee, Eh, Mm, Oh and Oo vowel sustains non-vibrato (piano)
- Ah, Ee, Eh, Oh and Oo vowel sustains w/vibrato (forte)
- 12 full range Latin Polysustain chants w/releases & tempo-synching/time-stretching
- French, Latin and pure Vowel melodic phrases in the keys of A – G, with pitch transposition, instant pattern sequencing, legato blending, tempo-synching/time-stretching, shaping and more.
- Phrase sequencer allows for per-slot phrase start and end markers for unlimited flexibility.
- Humming melodic phrases with pitch transposition, instant pattern sequencing, legato blending, tempo-synching/time-stretching, shaping and more.
- Whispers, Breaths, Warm-ups and other vocal effects.
- Tons of bonus vocal Ambiences, Atmospheres, Tuned Pads and other custom melodic instruments crafted directly from Nichole’s voice.
- Swell control allows real-time dynamic performance shaping.
- Full Multi-FX rack panel with Chorus, Compression, Distortion, Amp and Cab simulation, EQ, Delay and Reverb
- Our Reverb rack unit includes 25 unique creative FX convolutions and 45 excellent live rooms, studios, chambers, cathedrals, halls and other real-world environments, with flexible tone, size and mix controls.
- Fully automatable, with customizable key switch and GUI controls.
- Convenient real-time visual wave-form display in every preset.
8.9 GB Installed
31 nki Kontakt 5.1+ instrument presets
24 bit / 48kHz mono PCM wav format
Open format to allow user customization
Format(s): Kontakt 5.1+ .nki and pcm .wav
PDF User Manual:
Digital – Unlimited Digital Download using our high-speed download utility or through your web browser, with multiple server options.
Physical – DVD Delivery + shipping & handling. Delivered by First Class or Priority Shipping, plus Unlimited Digital Download. + 8.75% Sales Tax added for California residents. Sales, VAT and customs charges not included for international customers. Please allow up to 10 business days for first class shipping. 3-7 Business Days for Priority Shipping. Click here for more details about our shipping and tax/VAT policies.
Important Note: The full retail version of Native Instruments Kontakt version 5.1.0 or higher is required to use .nki instrument program presets included in this library. The free Kontakt “Player” and special “Libraries” browser rack do not support this standard open-format Kontakt library.
System Requirements: Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 8. Intelmac and Mac OS 10.5 or higher.
Minimum system Requirements: Dual Core CPU, 2 GB System Ram, 7200 RPM SATA or SSD hard drive recommended for this library.