Apocalypse Percussion Ensemble v2.0
*s&h applies to dvd orders only
Apocalypse Percussion Ensemble is our industry leading scoring percussion masterpiece. And now with the launch of the brand new v2.0, we’re pushing it to a whole new level. This isn’t just an update – it’s a complete rebirth. This massive drum & cymbal collection is truly unmatched in the sampling world. Now weighing in at nearly 25 GB with over 25,000 samples, APE delivers astounding depth, detail, fidelity, and user freedom. It features more than 40 different drums and close to 200 articulations. You’ll find thunderous ensemble sections and solo instruments of all shapes and sizes, including bass drums, a whole array of toms, dhols, riqs, frame drums, bongos, cajons, doumbeks, clicks, clacks, a massive snare ensemble and 6 solo snare drum types. You’ll also find fully expressive pedal-articulated hi-hats, stick and mallet rides, crashes, splashes, hybrid and FX cymbals, a 38″ gong, heavy Tibetan ting shag finger cymbals, all deeply multisampled along with tons of rolls, crescendos and effects.
We here at Soundiron are no strangers to epic percussion. Those who know our work are familiar with the passion, exacting precision and attention to detail we deliver. Apocalypse Percussion Ensemble is the culmination of all of our years of experience, distilled into the most comprehensive and earth-shaking hall percussion package available anywhere on the market. We set out to build a monster that punched harder, rumbled deeper, cut through the mix cleaner and got the job done like no other could. We wanted a massive sound and responsive playability, without compromising user flexibility and choice. APE has a sound that just works right out of the box, with all of the beef and none of the noise. This beast gets it done.
Apocalypse Percussion Ensemble has just been updated to version 2.0, bringing along with it a wide variety of fixes, changes, additions and enhancements. Existing owners of the original 1.0 are eligible for a great upgrade deal for only $49. And all Apocalypse Percussion Ensemble owners are eligible to order our new Apocalypse Percussion Elements Player Edition as an add-on for only $25! Contact us for info!
What’s New in v2.0
- Added the Far mic position to over 60 articulations.
- Added Gong articulations.
- Added Hi-Hat articulations in a range of pedal positions, including MidiCC controlled Hi-Hat simulation.
- Added suspended Ride Cymbal articulations
- Added Ting Shag articulations in a range of open and mute positions (Tibetan Finger Cymbals)
- Added Ensemble Snare ﬂam articulations.
- Fully re-mixed and re-mastered all Ensemble Snare articulations.
- Added a variety of Midi drum loops.
- Added ﬂexible Midi Groove loading and playback system.
- Added mic mixing options to all presets (output re-routing feature only in master presets).
- Added sub-group release controls to main Ensemble All Preset.
- Expanded the features of the Megamixer system, including full Kit saving/loading and intelligent sample memory management.
- Expanded the features of the Uberpeggiator / ARP meta-arpeggiator system.
- Added full Effects Rack panel
- Added various custom keymapping features to all presets.
- Redesigned all GUI artwork and instrument layout.
- Optimized and streamlined preset types, folder structure, zone mapping, group structure, loading and overall performance.
Apocalypse Percussion Ensemble was recorded in the same acoustically-balanced hall as our famous Olympus Symphonic Choir (Mars & Venus), Mercury Symphonic Boychoir, Montclarion Hall Piano, Struck Grand Piano, Cymbology, Anklung and Tuned Artillery libraries, so it blends perfectly with a whole host of great libraries. We captured it over an exhaustive two week session, recording late into the night. With trucked in a mountain of drums an cymbals and pounded on them with every kind of stick, mallet and blunt instrument we could ﬁnd. Once the blood and wood chips had settled, we had captured an average of 12 round-robin per velocity layer with up to 14 velocities each. We then painstakingly programmed each instrument with a galaxy of comprehensive and exclusive control and playability features and a totally smooth workﬂow. We’ve expanded the library with a wide range of uniquely powerful tools that let you personalize the library to your own needs and push it far beyond any other percussion library in its class.
Each instrument features 3 independent microphone positions per articulation. The primary close mic position is captured within a foot of the drum heads to capture all of the deep tonality and resonance and every exquisite detail. The Mid position is set back 12 feet to get that all-around perfect live sound and the far position is 50 feet from the stage to deliver a rich, lush distant feel. Microphone channel mixing is easy with our pop-up Mixer panel. You can load just the positions you need to save ram and voices and independently adjust and automate each level. In the main Master presets, you can even assign each mic position to its own Kontakt audio output for surround sound routing, external effects processing and complete mixing freedom.
“Standard” presets are included to provide instant access to the full library in a classic percussion array layout. The primary “Ensemble All” preset lets you customize the note mapping for each articulation or load one of several common drum library mapping standards. This comes in handy with our new MIDI loop playback feature, which allows users to load and playback loops from a wide range of popular drum libraries. The improved Megamixer system allows for up to 8 slots, each with independent tuning, velocity attenuation, pitch, panning, key mapping, room release and more, and complete Kit preset saving/loading. “Mixer” presets group a set of articulations into 4 different fully customizable categories. For example, “Cymbals Mixer” splits cymbals into categories of ride, crash, hihat and gong/ting shag; each category has independent volume, pan, room release, velocity and pitch controls. Finally, the Tuned Dual-Layer presets allow you to create multi-layered tuned articulations from any ofthe articulations for each sub-section. These are ideal for sound design, special effects, or simply turning any of the sounds into a unique tuned percussion instrument.
NKI Program Presets
This library is designed for the full retail version of Kontakt 5.1. There are 60 Kontakt 5.1 presets, all with a powerful custom user interface. Includes standard and low-memory “Lite” versions of each preset, for maximum flexibility and efficiency.
- Snares (Remastered)
- Bass Drums
- Frame Drums
- 6 Snares
- 2 Bass Drums
- Ride (Stick and Mallet) – NEW
- Gong – NEW
- Hi-Hat – NEW
- Ting Shag – NEW
- 2 Dhol Drums
- 4 Frame Drums
- 2 Floor Toms
- 2 Low Toms
- 2 High Toms
- 4 Rototoms
- Rolls and Crescendos for 3 snares
- Tom Rolls
- Rolls and Crescendos for Gong, Ride, and Ting Shag
Controls and FX
- Powerful Custom User Interface with fully automatable access to critical performance controls.
- 3 Fully Independent Microphone Positions for all instruments.
- Integrated Microphone Mixer with Sample Loading/Unloading
- Improved Uberpeggiator/Meta-ARP system with Preset Saving/Loading
- Improved Megamixer system with Kit Saving/Loading, Intelligent Sample Loading, and Per-Slot Room Release Controls
- Drum Category-based (Bass, Snare, Cymbals and Aux) Room Release Controls in many Presets
- Midi Loop Playback and Custom Mapping
- Our Custom FX Rack with powerful and configurable controls for every effect.
- 70 integrated custom convolution IR samples
25,171 Samples (standard pcm wav)
60 .nki files (unlocked Kontakt 5.1 format)
400 Midi Loops
24.8 GB installed (12.9 GB Download)
24 bit / 48kHz stereo PCM wav format
Format: Kontakt 5.1+ .nki and pcm .wav
Complete User Manual:
Mix – “Highest Rating!“
Audio News Room - “Highly Recommended!“
Beat Magazine- “5.5 out of 6 stars!“
2496 Audio- “Impeccably produced!“
Sounds & Gear- “4.5 out of 5 Subs!“
Recording.de- “Ingenious… A genuinely good deal“
Digital – Unlimited Digital Download using our
high-speed download utility or through your
web browser, with multiple server options. Broadband internet connection required.
DVD + Download Delivery Shipped by USPS Standard or Priority and also includes direct Digital Download. + 8.75% Sales Tax added for California residents. VAT and customs charges not included for international customers. Please allow up to 10 business days for first class shipping. 3-7 Business Days for Priority Shipping. Click here
Important Note: The full retail version of Native Instruments Kontakt 5.1 or later is required to use all Kontakt instrument program presets in this library. These presets must be loaded into Kontakt, which can be run as stand-alone engine or as a VST, AU, RTAS or AAX virtual instrument plug-in. The free Kontakt “Player” and Libraries rack do not support this product.
System Requirements: Windows XP / Vista / 7. Intelmac and Mac OS 10.5 or higher. Multi-core processor, 2+ GB Ram, 7200 RPM or SSD SATA hard drive required.