This deep sampled collection is dedicated to shakers, rattles and bell tree percussion. The fuzzy, buzzy, sandy-sounding “chuff”, “shuck” and “jingle” of hand-held shakers and bells is an essential part of orchestral, latin, electronic, hip hop and even rock music.
We found, collected and even hand-made 14 different instruments for this library, covering the whole spectrum of shaker instruments. We included deep sampled strikes and shakes for custom rhythm creation. We also captured sustaining rolls, grooves and gliss effects, in both natural and host-tempo synching arrangements. We also included a bonus collection of ambient drones and percussive elements created by heavily manipulating the shake source material.
Shake is meant to deeply explore an under-represented niche of percussion and finally allow composers and electronic musicians instant access to truly life-like sound and playability. It’s the perfect addition to any serious composer’s core instrument arsenal. We also made sure to include a variety of metal percussion, which is the perfect high-pitch compliment to epic percussion scoring.
*This library was originally published as “Shake Vol. 1” by Tonehammer.
Shake features custom automation attached to the modwheel and front panel “shaping” knob. The control is context-sensitive for each instrument and articulation type. For the multi-sample shakes, strikes and longer single-shot effects, the control tightens attack and release, allowing you to seamlessly morph between relaxed glisses and pops to sharper, crisper staccato shakes and hits.
For the sustaining rolls and grooves, the modwheel/shape control allows you to control tonal intensity and create custom crescendos. All rolls and grooves have release trigger samples. Most instruments also include a front-panel “stepping” control knob, which allows semi-tone pitch adjustment by up to +/- 24 semitones.
NKI Program Presets
This library is designed for the full retail version of Kontakt 3.5 or later (Kontakt 4 is also supported). We’ve included 46 Kontakt 3.5/4-compatible nki programs, featuring custom front panel controls and effects.
- Large concert sleigh bell tree (1 shake / strike combo. 13 sustaining rolls and grooves)
- Small concert sleigh bell tree (3 types of single shakes and strikes. 16 sustaining rolls and grooves)
- Small_Hand_Sleigh_Bells (3 types of single shakes and strikes. 13 sustaining rolls and grooves)
- Wicker basket bell shaker (5 types of single shakes and strikes. 13 sustaining rolls and grooves)
- Wrist sleigh bells (2 types of single shakes and strikes. 5 sustaining rolls and grooves. 19 single-shot strike and spin effects)
- Long bell garland (3 types of single shakes and strikes. 13 sustaining rolls and grooves)
- Dual egg shaker (4 types of single shakes and strikes. 26 sustaining roll loops and grooves)
- Gourd (3 types of single shakes and strikes. 12 sustaining rolls and grooves)
- Goat hoof rattle (2 types of single shakes and strikes. 33 sustaining rolls and grooves. 32 single-shot glisses / effects)
- Paddle tamborines (2 sets, 5 types of single shakes and strikes. 26 sustaining rolls and grooves)
- Pumpkin bell shaker (3 types of single shakes and strikes. 2 sustaining rolls)
- Large cholla rainstick (3 types of single shakes and strikes. 11 sustaining rolls and grooves. 45 single-shot glisses / effects)
- Small capado rainstick (2 types of single shakes and strikes. 12 sustaining rolls and grooves. 20 single-shot glisses / effects)
- Shaken Ambi-drums (custom designed like acoustic sounding 808)
- Shaken ambiences (custom sound-designed ambient droning instruments, with modwheel-based filter expression control)
- Bonus ambient droning instruments
- Bonus custom sound-designed / “synthetic” percussion
- Custom articulation and performance controls
- Also includes: Tempo-synching, Tuned and Lite instrument programs
2,321 Samples (standard pcm wav)
46 .nki files (unlocked format)
1.24 GB installed (942 MB Download)
24 bit / 44.1kHz stereo PCM wav format
Format(s): Kontakt 3.5 .nki and pcm .wav
Includes a free bonus collection of custom sound-designed ambiences.
Digital – Unlimited Digital Download using our high-speed download utility or through your web browser, with multiple server options. Only $39 USD.
Physical – DVD Delivery for only $39 + shipping & handling. Delivered by First Class or Priority Shipping, plus Unlimited Digital Download. + 8.75% Sales Tax added for California residents only. VAT and customs charges not included for international customers. Please allow up to 10 business days for first class shipping. 3-5 Business Days for Priority Shipping. Click here for more details about our shipping and tax/VAT policies.
Important Note: Native Instruments Kontakt version 3.5 or 4 full retail version of Kontakt required to use all .nki instrument program presets included in this library. The free Kontakt “Player” does not support this library.
System Requirements: Windows XP / Vista / 7. Intelmac and Mac OS 10.5 or higher. Runs stand-alone or as plug-in via VST, AU, RTAS (Pro Tools 7 & 8). Dual Core PCU, 2 GB System Ram, 7200 RPM 8MB Buffer SATA II hard drive recommended.