The contents typically contained in wine glasses have provided inspiration for musicians since the first time the two were introduced. The wine glass became popular as a musical instrument in the 18th century. We’ve interpreted the concept in our own particular way. Instead of just using a set of wine goblets we also used a martini glass, champagne flute, and after a happy accident, a broken glass.
We’ve captured sustaining notes and rubber mallet strikes for each type of glass. We then applied a variety of effects to create some great special effects patches. Pour your self a glass of your favorite wine, and imbibe.
*This library was originally published as “Imbibaphones” by Microhammer.
The Imbibaphones library has a variety of special controls that allow deep real-time performance customization. It features selectable tuned/untuned mode, attack, release, swell, pitch-stepping, selectable key-switch stepping and an included convolution reverb effect with a vast array of selectable custom convolutions we’ve recorded from some of our favorite locations.
Also included are over a dozen custom sound-designed effects presets for added depth and versatility. The included effects range from spacey sci-fi sounds, to gritty sinister drones to ethereal ghostly bells.
NKI Program Presets
This library is designed for the full retail version of Kontakt 3.5 or later (Kontakt 4 is also supported). We’ve included 24 Kontakt 3.5/4-compatible nki programs, featuring automatable attack, release, offset, swell, tuning, key-switching, EQ, convolution, and a full range of other effects controls.
- Martini Glass w/ Rubber Mallet – 10 round robin/6 velocity layers
- Red Wine Glass w/ Rubber Mallet – 10 round robin/6 velocity layers
- White Wine Glass w/ Rubber Mallet – 10 round robin/6 velocity layers
- Wine Glass Plucked – 10 round robin/5 velocity layers
- Champagne Flute Mallet – 10 round robin/6 velocity layers
- Harmonic multi-glass strike combos – 10 round robin/4 velocity layers
- Red Wine Glass rim sustains – recorded chromatically over an octave w/ 3 modwheel fading intensity layers and release samples
- White Wine Glass rim sustains – recorded chromatically over an octave w/ 3 modwheel fading intensity layers and release samples
- Broken Wine Glass w/ Mallet – 10 round robin/4 velocity layers
- Broken Wine Glass Stirring Shard loops w/ modwheel layer blending
- Custom articulation and performance controls
- Custom convolution reverb/FX impulses
- Bonus custom sound-designed sustains, “synths”, drones, pads, percussion and FX sample content and presets, hand created and sculpted from the original raw source material.
759 Samples (standard pcm wav)
24 .nki files (unlocked format)
1.07 GB installed
24 bit / 44.1kHz stereo PCM wav format
Format(s): Kontakt 3.5 .nki and pcm .wav
Includes a free bonus collection of custom sound-designed special FX presets, as well as our favorite custom convolution reverb impulses and an advanced Kontakt user interface with full automation support.
Complete User Manual:
Digital – Unlimited Digital Download using our high-speed download utility or through your web browser, with multiple server options. Only $29 USD.
Important Note: Native Instruments Kontakt version 3.5 or 4 full retail version of Kontakt required to use all .nki instrument program presets included in this library. The free Kontakt “Player” does not support this library.
System Requirements: Windows XP / Vista / 7. Intelmac and Mac OS 10.5 or higher. Runs stand-alone or as plug-in via VST, AU, RTAS (Pro Tools 7 & 8). Dual Core PCU, 2 GB System Ram, 7200 RPM 8MB Buffer SATA II hard drive recommended.